Lord willing, I plan to start a new series here on this site beginning on Monday – Take Courage: Lessons from 8 Men of Faith.
We live in difficult times. It can be tempting for Christians to compromise their principles and abandon their faith. Yet, as Jesus told His apostles, we must take courage (John 16:33). We must stand for the truth and do what is right even when we might suffer for it.
In order to see how we can take courage today, we will examine eight men of faith over the course of ten lessons. As we examine each example, we will see different ways in which courage must be displayed. The lesson schedule is below:
- September 16 – Take Courage: Introduction
- September 23 – Abram: The Courage to Leave Home
- September 30 – Joseph: The Courage to Maintain Purity
- October 7 – Moses: The Courage to Lead
- October 14 – David: The Courage to Fight
- October 21 – Amos: The Courage to Speak Out
- October 28 – Josiah: The Courage to Restore
- November 4 – Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: The Courage to Trust in God
- November 11 – Daniel: The Courage to Defy the Law
- November 18 – Courage Today
I’m looking forward to this series and I hope that you’ll follow along and profit from it. If you’d like to be notified whenever there is a new post, you can enter your email address in the box on the top right where it says, “Free Email Updates.” The only emails you will receive will be notifications of new content on this site.
If you know of others who might find this series helpful, please pass this information along to them. The first article will be available one week from today.